Key points from the brief:
- Collect as many examples of imagery for children as possible.
- Group the illustrations you’ve collected into the target age groups. Include at least one image for each age group:
Early reader (5-7)
Established reader (7–9)
Older age groups.
- Take two of these age groups and, for each one, go through a process of brainstorming around at least one word chosen from this list:
- Pick an animal appropriate for each age group and brainstorm to identify themes, images and ideas pertinent to your age groups.
- Create a simple image of your animal engaged in an activity that communicates this word.
I'm Astrid Badell-Suhr, designer and illustrator, specialist in communication